FOR PROTECTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA ADMINISTERED BY
THE PLOVDIV CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
Who are we?
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) – a part of the CCI system in Bulgaria, coordinated by the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), is a non-profit organization which assists, promotes, represents and protects the business interests of its members.
PCCI has been working actively in service of Plovdiv region entrepreneurs for the purpose of their prosperity and the economic development of the region since 1990.
As a member of the Bulgarian CCI system and a partner of the largest nationally recognised employers’ organization -BCCI-Sofia, PCCI maintains a constant dialogue with the state authorities on improving the conditions for business, modernising the administrative system, limiting unfair competition, and protecting the individual and the property of citizens – measures which will stimulate the economy of the country.
Confidentiality of personal data of individuals
In order to fulfil its mission and objectives, PCCI collects information mainly related to entrepreneurial activity. To a large extent, these are data and indicators in the field of economic development.
We are convinced that the success of any business endeavour is inextricably linked to the people who run it. Entrepreneurs/employers are the engine of the economy and without them it cannot exist and develop. This is the reason why PCCI collects, in addition to the business information, also personal data of the entrepreneurs/employers representing the various established forms of business activity, as well as personal data – data of other persons who work/contribute to the development of the economy – representatives of associations and foundations, as well as experts, representatives of the public institutions and international organizations.
Why do we collect personal data?
The reason we collect personal data is closely related to the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry – as stipulated in its Articles of Association or in compliance with legislative acts.
Through this statement, the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides you with information about the nature of the personal data it collects and processes so that you gain clarity about the purpose of its collection, your rights, and how we protect the privacy of your personal data.
This statement is intended for you – all the present and future members, clients and partners of the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
How and what personal data do we collect?
- Data related to PCCI membership and/or the provision of our services
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry collects this data mainly on the basis of declarations and other documents (submitted on paper or in electronic form, including through our website), which you provide to us and/or sign during the registration process at BCCI’s trade register and/or for services requested by you.
Due to the need of communication between our organizations, we collect some of the data by e-mail or in a telephone conversation.
We may send you information about our services and events, about the products and services of other PCCI members which would be of interest to you, and this information may be part of our information bulletin. Receiving of business information by email is part of the services we provide to you. If in the future you do not wish to receive our information bulletin or e-mails, you may click the “Unsubscribe” button.
We only collect a minimum quantity of personal data, and only those which are needed in order to achieve the respective objective (e.g. name, address), and in case when this is required by a legislative or administrative act – Personal ID number/ ID card/ International Passport data.
- Video recordings
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry collects data through security cameras used to protect the property of PCCI, including the personal data administered by it. These recordings are kept for a minimum legally required period and the access to them is strictly regulated.
PCCI also collects personal data through video recording of events involving members, clients and partners. Some of these events, including their recordings, are publicly available in view of their public interest and value, their importance and benefit they bring to the business community. As active participants in these events, you may be included in the recordings/photos. In most cases, from the recordings only a limited number of individuals can be identified. For other participants information may be available, but they are recognized only by a narrower circle of people. In general, the individuals are associated with the business they represent or with the topic they are interested in. If for any reason you do not want to be recorded or consider that these recordings/photos violate the privacy of your personal data, you can warn our representatives at the entrance and take a seat with the least focus during the recordings.
Cookies on our website
- PCCI’s website has built-in Google Analytics. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the “__ga” cookie;
- pcci_biskvitka – for login session on PCCI’s website;
- „third-party cookies” – Facebook, Twitter, Youtube may apply social network content sharing cookies or usage statistics cookies. The presence, number and status of such cookies may depend on your use of these platforms before or during your visit to PCCI’s website. We urge you to get acquainted with the Cookies Policies of these social networks on their respective websites.
How do we store your personal data?
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry stores your personal data on our servers by applying appropriate technical and administrative measures and controls to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of the data. The transfer of the information you send to PCCI through its website is protected by an encrypted connection.
Who do we share your personal data with?
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry shares your personal data:
- with state and municipal bodies and institutions – in fulfilment of PCCI’s obligations assigned to it by virtue of a legislative or administrative act – provided that there is a reason for the respective body/institution to request your personal data from PCCI;
- publicly – through PCCI’s website where we share our events
- publicly – through the BCCI register of members published on BCCI website, which aims to provide contacts with your company to third parties that would be interested in partnership, including services provisioning to your company.
- with reliable partners of PCCI on whom PCCI relies for the maintenance of its information systems for processing; all our partners commit to complying with the conditions and requirements of PCCI for processing of personal data; your personal data is stored on media – in all cases under our direct control.
- with public bodies and institutions and private entities (in the country and abroad) – for a service provided by PCCI at your request/authorization.
Personal data retention period
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry stores personal data for periods determined in one of the following ways:
- by a legislative/administrative act;
- by the Articles of Association/internal rules of PCCI;
- by the announced or normally required by/for PCCI terms for provision of the requested services;
- by the normally required terms for storage and provision by the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the information expected from it – about you and other economic entities, which is beneficial to your business activity; PCCI reliably stores this data because such information can only be provided by us; the information is stored in PCCI’s archives and only authorized persons have access to it.
- with the exception of the above-mentioned cases, the personal data administered by PCCI related to the communication with you on daily/current issues, is retained for a period no longer than 5 years.
Access to information and your rights
Taking into account the value of the information stored by the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry, we apply strict data access organization. This is done to prevent unauthorized access, mistakes, or misuse of your personal data.
As a responsible organization, the Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry respects all the rights of the individuals related to the protection of their personal data as guaranteed by the European and national legislation. The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry complies with all regulatory requirements, taking into account the specific circumstances, the forms of data collection, the legal grounds and the purpose of their collection.
The Plovdiv Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s services are focused on business development and therefore we do not use “profiling” techniques in view of your personal characteristics.
In addition to being entitled to request a “correction” of your personal data if necessary, we rely on you to exercise this right and to help us have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, our employees will assist you with care and attention.
Additionally, you have the right, at your discretion, to file a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Personal Data Protection Commission https://www.cpdp.bg/
In any case, regardless of the specific circumstances, you may seek answers and make claims about the protection of your personal data and the rights related to it, to our Data Protection Officer
by e-mail: email@example.com
You can contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in our office:
7, Samara Str., Plovdiv 4003, BULGARIA